Thursday, April 24, 2014

Annie, Deb and Sue

Months went by
without Annie , Deb and Sue by my side.
They left me dazed and numb.
Not human.

all the days and nights I spent with Deb were silent
she never talked
but I could hear her every word.
It was an undeniable connection
me and her
She used to visit often when I had a bad day
somehow I always knew she would
but was never strong enough to tell her
to go home and leave me alone to get my mind together.

Sue used to come along with Deb when she felt I needed someone else.
She was never silent though.
She never stopped indulging my ears and mind.
"Come on, do it"
"I know you want to"
"It's the only way"
"Think about the comfort in that"
"You'll be free"
I thought she was right, believed her blindly
yet in utter realization of her intentions.

Annie was my bestest friend.
She almost never left.
She was there with me
in the morning
in the evening
until sleep overcame me.
She was never there with Deb and Sue.
always showed up before and after.
She talked in small words
always asked the right questions.
Over and over again.
The one she asked most often was
"When are Deb and Sue coming back?"
I never knew the answer to that question
Which scared me to death.



2 comments: